“You have earned every bit of your commission. I love working with you. I wish I had 5 more houses to sell. So I could continue to work with you.” – LA
As one of the most successful and respected realtors in Los Angeles, Joan Sather offers a winning combination of proven success, peer respect, professional strengths, background and experience. “Truly pleasant and very easy to work with” and possessing “superior negotiating skills” are just two of the accolades Joan earns frequently from clients and colleagues alike. She specializes in the sale and purchase of homes and estates in Pacific Palisades, Malibu, Santa Monica, Brentwood and additional Westside L.A. communities.
- In the top 1% of the 46,000 agents within NRT, the parent company of Sotheby’s International Realty
- Portfolio of home and estate sales and purchases that includes many of the West Los Angeles area’s most prestigious properties
- Roster of influential local, national and international clients
- Esteemed among Los Angeles realtors for her over two decades of real estate experience
- Known for her knowledge, perseverance and consummate professionalism
- Prized by clients for her attention to their needs in even the most challenging property purchase or sale
- Praised for client satisfaction and effectiveness as counselor, facilitator and liaison – from property search or listing, through market analysis, to negotiations, escrow and closing
- Comprehensive understanding of the complex West Los Angeles real estate market
- Intuitive, affable, and easy and pleasant to work with
- Sophistication and cultural sensitivities
- Innovative thinking and superior negotiating skills
- Creative marketing
- Unsurpassed perseverance, tenacity and attention to detail
- Superior architectural, visual and aesthetic knowledge and acuity
- Born in Maryland. Father a Naval officer
- Lived in Boston, Washington, D.C. and other East Coast cities as well asCoronado, Hawaii and France
- Graduate of the University of California at Berkeley; MBA, Loyola Marymount University; GRI, Graduate Realty Institute
- Today, when she is not working diligently for her clients, Joan manages to spend some time traveling with her husband. Their hiking and bicycling treks have taken them throughout the eastern U.S. as well as to Mts. Kilimanjaro and Fuji, Turkey, Mongolia, Southeast Asia and much of Western Europe.
- A long-time Pacific Palisades resident, Joan is always excited to be at home in West Los Angeles, “This is a very special set of communities,” she says, “It offers a small town feel and gives people a sense of place within the larger scope of L.A.” which is, in turn, wonderful, with its vibrant culture and continuous infusion of new blood and energy.
- Breast Cancer Awareness contributor and volunteer
- Council Member, Los Angeles County Museum of Art
- Past President, Board of Directors, Huntington Palisades Homeowners Association
- School reading counselor (with her Labradoodle, Cooper, a Certified Therapy Dog)
- When Joan states, “I truly enjoy helping people during very serious and important times in their lives,” it is easy to see how she applies that dedication to service, both personally and professionally.